Friday, May 18, 2007

I guess I'm stressed

A few weeks ago I thought I was allergic to my new hypo-allergenic laundry detergent. Three different brands of hypo-allergenic laundry detergent later, I'm still breaking out in hives. I'm getting them mostly on my thighs, shoulders, and the soles of my feet. I haven't really noticed a pattern in the timing of the breakouts so I've either developed an overnight allergy to all laundry detergent or I guess I'm stressed. I'm hoping it's stress, because I'd like to be able to wash my clothes without breaking out in a nasty case of hives.

When I was fifteen I developed an allergy to Benzol Peroxide overnight. I had been using the same acne medication for nearly a year and then *BLAMMO* one morning I woke up and my whole face was neon red and swollen. I had coincidentally used a new brand of soap that night so the next night I used my old brand of soap and the medication. Sure enough, the next morning I woke up with a swollen, neon red face. I haven't been able to touch Benzol Peroxide since. I once used some mystery pimple zapper stuff my cousin had without reading the label. I put a little pin-sized dab on my chin and about 20 minutes later my chin swelled up and turned bright red. I checked the label and saw that its active ingredient was Benzol Peroxide.
Bastard chemicals.

I guess I have reason to be stressed. The hives started about the time that I was getting my Peru stuff in order and taking final exams. I went to the bank today and got some cash for Peru. Minus the amount that's going to be used for June's bills, etc. I have $25 left in my account. Ouch.

Looks like I'll have to start job hunting when I get back.

No comments: