Monday, July 9, 2007

I think that I'd like to give out hugs for a living...is that a career goal?

I had a job interview today. I've fallen in love with the position and if I don't get it I'm seriously going to be SOL because I haven't really been looking elsewhere for positions.

I think the interview went really well. We talked for an hour and a half, she told me how much she liked my skills and how everyone else really liked me as well. She took me out and introduced me to the people that I would be managing as "Heide's potential replacement".

And then she told me she has a bunch more interviews scheduled this week and that she'll let me know....

Cross your fingers....?

7 comments:

Texas said...

I would never interview somebody an hour and a half unless I seriously thought they were a contender.

Were you telling funny stories...is that why they kept you there?

The king...who

lesley said...

I generally agree...lord knows I'd want to sit for an hour and a half with a loser.

The interviewer was a big talker, so a lot of the time was spent with her taking 15 minutes or so to answer my questions.

But no one can resist my wit or my charm, either :)

I generally have bad luck at getting jobs I actually want, so I do have a slight black cloud of doubt still...

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

Good luck with the gig!

Oh, and my career goal is to teach the world to sing... in perfect harmony.

Parisian Cowboy said...

... well, giving hugs seems like a fair career to me.

Hedy De Vine said...

best of luck, babe!

dan said...

Best of luck. Nothing but Beach Boy like good vibrations from here.

Abysmal Chick said...

I tried to start a hugging business one time...but people got mad when I tried to charge them. Hope you get the job!